Wednesday 18 January 2012

Art Reserach

I have been researching into types of art to see if any of them could influence the style for the 2d sections of my piece.

I first though about cubism or surrealism as these are well known, but neither of them really spoke to me and i couldn't picture it my animation. After trolling through many books I saw an image done by Carlo CarrĂ¡. After researching further into his works i came across a movement called "METAPHYSICAL ART".

It is described as having sharp contrasts of light and shadow.

Tate Modern describes it as being "Dream-like views".
another definition is this:
"The artists thus created a visionary world of the mind, beyond physical reality"
http://www.tate.org.uk/collections/glossary/definition.jsp?entryId=164


Below are some examples of Carlo CarrĂ¡'s work:



Also here are some form Giorgio de Chirico:



I also quite like the simplistic ideas of Joan Miro, the few colours used and flat shapes. The colourfulness wouldn't work for my piece but the ideas are good:






Books used:
  • Cubism and twentieth-century by Thames and Hudson
  • History of modern art by H.H.Arnason
  • Surrealism desire unbound by Jennifer Mundy
  • The art book by Phaidon
  • The art of the surrealists by Edward Swinglehurst
  • The style of the century by Bevis Hillier

No comments:

Post a Comment